Skip to main content

Reply to "2015 Prospects -what to do now?"

We received the data from the scout league we just finished.  His SPARQ rating was 64.57.  Now he's just 16 and I noticed some of the 17 and 18 wound up with a lower rating then he did.  Do they take into account age as a factor or is that a true representation period at that moment?  I can't find any really concrete numbers that tell me about what this rating really means.  His scout eval rated him as a d2/juco prospect at this time.  

His numbers were 

Height 5'11

Weight 166

GRIP Strength 133.4

Ladder 6.07

30 3.7

60 6.45

20 yd shuttle 4.47

Rotation power ball 38'10"

Vertical 28.7

Broad 8'10"

Inf POP 2.34 (very slow for him...he was trying to place it)

Inf Velo 73 again very slow for him because he was more worried about placement.

Bat exit sped 73

He's got some work to do but what do all these numbers really mean?  When we make our skills video should we add as a PowerPoint. We have our first college prospect day at a D2 college in a week and have no idea what to expect.  He received an email saying that they saw him at the scout leauge and were interested in him attending the prospect camp.  They went on to say that UIL states it has to be open tryouts, but that they were sending out letters to those they were interested in and it was limited to 60 participants.  Is this normal?  It's the first one we have ever received. We are excited to just get this first one out of the way so that we know what to expect form now on.