Skip to main content

Reply to "2016 MLB All-Star Game in San Diego"

I wanted to post a follow-up note about my father/son trip to the MLB All-Star Game. My 19 year old son and I attended the HR Derby, the All-Star Game, and FanFest. (You may have seen my 2015 in the mob fighting for HR Derby balls under the left field scoreboard.) Absolutely fabulous trip. All of the events exceeded my expectations, and the Southern California weather was unbeatable. Also made it to Dodgers and Angels games just for good measure. I highly recommend the All-Star experience to any baseball fan. FanFest is particulary fun for the younger kids. Regarding tickets, GoldenSombrero was spot-on. There were quite a few tickets available at face value on the Thu-Fri before the game. I did get surprised when the ticket strips (all 3 events) were removed from StubHub right before the whole thing started (Friday, I think), but I was still able to purchase tickets for the individual events separately. I was also surprised how well the locals represented. I would estimate 75-80% of the attendees where Padres fans.