Skip to main content

Reply to "2017 College Season"

Ryno's season came to an end on Friday.  Bittersweet for sure.  The team had a pretty rough year, but he had a very successful campaign.  Here are a few highlights:

This 0.84 was his ERA prior to his tournament game where he had his worst start of the year. (5.1 innings pitched, 4 runs, and 2 were earned.  He did have 11 K's though.)  Anyhow, on the team web site, they now have his ERA at 1.04, which would still barely lead the nation in ERA.  I am wondering if they didn't count this last game because it was a tourney game?

Prior to the tournament start, they handed out the Region XVIII awards, and Ryan was named Pitcher of the Year, 1st Team Pitcher, and All Defensive Team Pitcher.

Although it was a rough season win wise, I believe he enjoyed his year, and he loved his teammates.  He had a great time with them, and he is going to miss them.  Overall a really good experience at CSI, and even though I wasn't 100% on board with him going there, it turned out to be the best decision for him.

So he is home for the next 3 weeks, and then my wife will accompany him on the drive to Purdue, and the next journey.

Attachments

Images (2)
  • blobid0
  • blobid1