Skip to main content

Reply to "2017 Spring High School"

CaCO3Girl posted:
Nuke83 posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:
hshuler posted:
smokeminside posted:
hshuler posted:

Season over! Lost 4-3 to finish 35-4. I feel really bad for the seniors who were class acts on and off the field. 

Must have been a heartbreaker, but what a game, Shu, and what a year!  Sounds like Woodstock had a one man wrecking crew of a hitter, and their closer must have been dealing.  Hang in there....

It was definitely a heartbreaker for the boys. Their closer had 24 pitches left and was at 23 when he started that at-bat against our best hitting which ended with a K.  Not sure if those number are completely accurate but they are close.

He was last night's starter who beat us 3-2. 

The numbers are accurate. 120 max pitches. 96 the first night, when the last batter got up in the final game he was at 23, but allowed to "finish" the batter per ghsa rules. :-(

So to this point, GHSA pitch count rules are a complete and total joke.

Under all rules during the season, a player throwing 96 pitches would require 4 days rest before being able to throw again.  But for the playoffs they abandoned ALL of the pitch rules in favor for the combined 120 pitches over three days?

Clearly Georgia pitch count rules have NOTHING to do with protecting player arms if they allow a kid to throw 96 pitches for a complete game on Wednesday and toe the rubber to throw 28 pitches, let alone a single pitch, again on Thursday.   Add to it that they could have left him in the game beyond 120 pitches and the only penalty would be a 2 game suspension for the coach and the $250 fine.

Any credibility the GHSA might have gained by implementing pitch counts were completely flushed during the playoffs.

I was very surprised when they put him in as well.  All I can think is that the kid is a senior and maybe he asked to be put back in?

But that's the beauty of rules.  To protect him from himself or a coach.