Skip to main content

Reply to "2017 Spring High School"

Iowamom23 posted:

So I'm not really late with this. We play summer baseball and our season ended last night in second round of substate. It's the first time in seven years we won ANY substate games, so that was a big step. Also won the conference and went 31-9 overall with a team that graduated only three starters.

My son pitched 60 innings, struck out 65 and gave up 4 earned runs all season for an ERA of .47. He also came in second in the conference in being hit by pitches with 11. He says "mom, I don't think people like me very much!"

It was a great season and I'm sitting at my desk thinking that we should be playing in the third round to go to state tonight, but we aren't, and I hurt. The kids are more productive. They apparently took pictures of the scoreboard after losing last night and have posted them on their phones as screen savers, then went as a team to work out this morning.

Can't WAIT until next year!

Wow, great in so many ways and congrats to him.  What really strikes me is the kids immediately taking shots at the scoreboard and getting busy with efforts toward next year.  That is quite a rare mindset for a collective group of HS players at that point in time.  That is the type of mindset that belongs to a group that is destined to do something special.