Skip to main content

Reply to "2018 Pounding the Pavement..."

Baseballparent23.....if the D2 that he likes is local (no travel expense) and is having a camp next week, I'd say it's absolutely not a waste of money.  A camp at a school, especially one that's local and has had conversations with your son is a REALLY good way to get in front of the coaches again.   I'd suggest emailing them and letting them know he's coming and see what kind of reply he gets.  I think their reply will give you a pretty good idea of what they have in mind with regard to him. If you don't go, I'm thinking they'll assume his interest in them is gone and you may lose a shot at that school. 

On the other side of the coin, I'm kind of thinking that if the school is local and they were really interested that they'd have ASKED him to attend.  That's fairly common among coaches when they are on the fence with regard to whether or not they like a kid enough to pull the trigger.

My son is a D1 pitcher...I know what he looks for in a catcher.  If you'd like to PM me a video I'll take a look too