Skip to main content

Reply to "60 yard dash time for 14 year old and 15 year old"

JLC-  

Son was just coached timed at 7.7 but he is a catcher and runs on his heels.  The fasted guy who is just turning 14 this weekend was a 7.2 or 7.3  He is actually skipping MS ball (he wont learn anything down there) and is doing track this spring to help him with his sprinting.  Speed drills and fast twitch drills WILL help with his home to first AND 60 yard.

my 2020 catcher is a member of NCSA recruiting service.  I can't search for players like a coach can but when I search, lets say Vanderbilt, A list of NCSA commits pops up for the school I am looking at.  I can click on them and see what ever their profile says.  Gives me home to first, 60 yard times, pop times and I can watch their skill videos that they posted.  Kinda keeps me in the loop where my freshman is compared to these commits when they were freshman also.

I saw some real nice commits going to some top D1 schools running 6.7's.  If the boys can get down there or faster, than you won't have to worry about that  aspect.  Obviously that is ONE item on a laundry list, but it IS nice to know you can all but mark one of them off...

Great job and good luck the rest of the way!