Skip to main content

Reply to "American Legion WS"

Well, we are here at the ALWS.  My son plays for Bryant Black Sox.  Not sure which game you were watching.  Both our pitchers today pitch in the mid to high 80s.  Both are college pitchers.  Saw lots of exciting plays made on both sides.

Very different, exciting atmosphere than the showcase stuff (yes, we do that too, and yes, my son would love to play baseball in college).  Today was Military Appreciation Day, free admission to vets and active duty military.  A special presentation before the first game today honored Medal of Honor recipient Don Ballard, who threw himself onto a grenade to save fellow soldiers.  Thankfully, that grenade didn't detonate, so he was here today to be honored for his bravery.  Kinda puts the game in perspective.

Many of these boys play baseball in college.  Many of these boys played in high school, but it ends there.  But all these boys play because they love to play.  I know we aren't doing this for all the scouts and college recruiters here (not even sure there are any), but this TEAM wants to win a ALWS Championship!