Skip to main content

Reply to "Another theory on the MLB HR surge - PEDs are back"

My son goes to a school that is ranked nationally in multiple sports annually . Most of the kids that attend are serious athletes. That said, we see very little steroid use and or allegations at the school. In fact, a bigger problem, specifically on the baseball team, is the tobacco issue.

Most kids have never even considered steroids but all have tried chewing tobacco. Not many use regularly, or maybe I should say that not many are obvious users but all have said they tried it. My son included, who has had expensive braces. He confessed and wonders aloud why some of his teammates still use, because "it is really nasty". We have had talks as well as watching Curt Schilling and  Tony Gwinn struggle publicly. Despite all of the health risks and mounds of information he still tried it. The kids love to immolate Big Leaguers. They dip so kids dip too. 

If we cant stop tobacco use that neither gets you the big contract or keeps you in the Big League, how can anyone expect to stop PEDs? I dont think the recent power surge is due to PED use. Look at the baseballs in use today and compare them side by side with balls from other years and I am sure that will answer the question.

The balls are juiced and not most of the players. The MLB has sanctioned the use of the juiced balls.  Fans love watching Mookie, Altuve and some other "smaller players" jack out home runs.  It is obvious they love watching the physically imposing players hit bombs too.......