Skip to main content

Reply to "Anyone familiar with Illinois state schools and their baseball programs?"

Midwest Mom posted:

Iowa Mom, it would be good to know which schools your son is looking at and I may be able to get you more intel.  PM me if you like.  As an Illinoisan, I will say our K-12 schools outside of Chicago Public Schools are great -- and some of Chicago's magnate schools are among the best in the country.  In fact, Illinois has many of the top ranked public high schools in the country, so it's not all bad. 

As for the public Universities -- University of Illinois is a fantastic school and highly ranked.  As for baseball, admittedly, I haven't seen the condition of the facilities at many of the in-state colleges recently, and agree with Golfman25 that the state's financial situation should be a consideration, but hope that people don't make sweeping generalizations and rule out Illinois entirely... at least not yet.  Any other Illinois parents who have more current experience with local college baseball programs, please chime in. 

I'll PM you. Thanks.