Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball in 15 - 2O years."

Trust In Him posted:
Golfman25 posted:

That is essentially what is happening in my area.  The real studs go off for the summer.  The rest of the team stays home and plays with their "HS" team.  They have to change the uniform, hat, and name, but that is about it.  Then the problem becomes whether you HS coaching staff is any good.  Some are and some, unfortunately, aren't. 

IMO, hs teachers and coaches are vastly underpaid.  Many will use their own money and resources to teach and coach.  Some love working with kids, teaching and coaching, some have other reasons.  Either way I believe you pay them what they are worth and that will bring better competition for the job.  Students win with better education, better qualified coaches will be available, etc.  Now the only question is how to generate more money for the schools and being used appropriately!

In our area HS baseball will die completely before the travel circuit slows down. The season is short the coaching is average and I am probably being kind there, the district has real concern about success on the field. I think the important thing for the administration is lets not suck...

Our district as of 2016 2 full years ago - spends $17,522.00 per student per year which leads to a total budget $119,350,00.00 and has starting salary of 46k with a cap of 99k, plus an absolutely killer pension....it may not be a get rich plan but it is a solid living and certainly not just scraping by.

17.5k and totals of 119m per year IMO is spending plenty of money on education.