Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball in 15 - 2O years."

bacdorslider posted:

I would like to see a league started at lake point for just the truly advanced player like an 8 team league. This would benefit the advanced player by playing against other advanced players as well as the high school coach that it seems most of the time does not want to deal with the advanced player.  It would help the other high school players giving them more opportunity.

You could have a try-out and the roster would and could change year to year.  You could invite RC's and scouts to the games. 

I guess the only problem I see is the advanced player not getting to represent his high school team and play with his teammates but honestly for these players looking at Power5 and pro ball the industry has all but changed their mindset about HS baseball. 

In heavily populated areas with widespread recruiting by private high schools, this has kind of already happened.   There's a six-team private school league in SoCal that at any given moment has about 50 D1 commits . . . Might be similar in some areas in Florida.