Skip to main content

Reply to "Baseball programs losing scholarships"

Let me sound off a minute on the BSC sitution. I speak from first hand knowledge because my son just completed his sophomore season. The president and a trustees have been getting the ball rolling on this since January. No coaches, and not even the AD knew anything was even being talked about until a week before the vote. Also, the AD did not know they were going to have a football program in DIII until it was announced at the press conference. There is a right way to make moves such as this and a wrong way; the BSC leaders went about it the wrong way. This college has always had an outstanding reputation of character and academic excellence. As far as I am concerned, I do not have any respect for those that made this choice. I wish Coach Shoop and all of the other coaches and players well, this was not theior fault. My son is going to transfer, along with most of the freshman and sophomore class. I hate this for the athletes that are going through this right now. I wish all of them well in their endeavors.