Skip to main content

Reply to "Central Region Playoff thread"

That's an interesting bracket document, in that it has four blanks to fill in for "teams advancing to next level." 

For years only the top 2 teams have gone to the state tournament.  I was under the impression that was still the case.  Has that changed, or is that just some sort of oddity of the form?  Maybe a holdover from the northern region's district tourneys, since I think they advance 4 from each district to a larger regional?

In any event, Monday's games are all elimination games.  Anyone taking their opponent lightly enough to hold back their # 1 for Thursday's game risks never seeing Thursday's game.

I should think at most you'd run your # 1 out there to start and you'd hope like heck that you put up a huge number of runs early, so you could pull him early and then be able to start him again Thursday.  But if you end up in the tighter game that is more common, you have to leave him in and deal with Thursday only if and when you get there.  And then maybe you pray for rain on Thursday.

So I should think the odds would be heavily against seeing Casey v. Roberts on Thursday.