Skip to main content

Reply to "Central Region Playoff thread"

The new pitching rules are going to make it super tough to handicap the Thursday matchups.  Cosby has lots of arms available and I would think there'd be a quick hook for anyone who had any struggles as they will never run out of options.  Bickford, Wilson, Flanagan, Day, Hess and more.  Williams would be eligible for 2 innings as well.  On the other side of that game, Crowder should be good for his allowed 2 innings and Trevett is eligible to go all game.  Both teams have potent lineups, Cosby maybe a bit more power but both hit consistently from 1-9.  I honestly have no idea who will win this game.  I have to say Trevett can be a tough riddle to solve, I just don't know how far he goes into the game.  If he and Bickford face off, the guy who keeps his sinker down and gets the ground ball outs will get it done.

The later game I would think favors Hanover.  Denton is a quality pitcher and eligible to go all game.  JR has lots of options in White, McLellan, Arnold, Griffin Roberts and Caples, so like Cosby I'd expect a quick hook if anyone out there starts struggling.  They can't afford to let Hanover post a big inning unless they're going to break out the bats more like last week and less like yesterday.  Jack Roberts would be eligible by rule to come in to put out a fire for up to two innings, but as he went 117 yesterday, it may be asking a lot for him to have to pull that duty on short rest.

So often these games come down to an unfortunate critical error.  Always hate to see that happen to a kid but it nonetheless is often the case.  Should be a fun night out at RF&P.