Skip to main content

Reply to "Central Region Playoff thread"

The Diamond was the best place to have it, and it was great the years that the tournament was there.  However, the scheduling became a problem.  I also actually don't have a problem with district champs (higher seeds) getting QF home games.  But RMC was fine.

RF&P is a pretty place, but it's really too small for a high school tournament.  Not so small that it's unplayable, but it doesn't have dimensions that are ideal for a high level of varsity competition.  And I would rather err on the side of a field being too big than too small.  But that's just me.

RF&P is fine, but a place a little bigger would have been preferable in a perfect world.  There's also the fact that the Southside schools sort of get hosed on the regional sites every year.  From a selfish, north-of-the-river perspective, I don't have a problem with that, but that's another reason why the Diamond was so good - it's right off the interstate, and it's centrally-located.

Anyway, the games will likely be higher-scoring, just as they were when they used to be at RF&P.  My preference would be to see tight, low-ish-scoring games like we saw at RMC rather than 12-10 games, but that's just me.  In the end, I have no big complaints.