Skip to main content

Reply to "Central Region Playoff thread"

fence is the same at Diamond as Parker Field??   and a much more dead bat?   VCU and A10 werent going to light the Diamond up this year..And my reference was high school kids playing at the Diamond... kinda cool... I played a state game at Tide Park as well... That stuff's special.
I bet my high school son would love to play a playoff game at the Diamond... probably thinking its a where youre from thing - and nothing wrong with being all about the baseball

The McGuire, Sosa & Bonds reference had to do with the fact that baseball was dying.  You may remember there was this little thing called a strike that turned people off from the sport.  When play resumed nobody was going to games.  That was, until people (those 3 specifically) started hitting home runs at a record pace.  

And the comment about HR's hit was INCLUDING visiting teams.  NO HR's HIT at the Diamond until something like next to last home series.  

If you are referencing "Parker Field" then you played in a very different era.  Kids today play on top fields every weekend.  UVA, JMU, SC, W&M, etc... Every single weekend. Just part of the deal these days. So I'd say they are not in awe when they show up at the Diamond the way you and I may have been.