Skip to main content

Reply to "Coach initiates email; then no response"

PitchingFan posted:

Two part.  My son is an assistant college coach and I know his life has been chaos the past two weeks from sun up til midnight getting everything worked out and still trying to recruit.  He probably has not had a lot of time to answer emails but he has his phone with him all the time.  I also know there are a lot of players on his list that he is wanting and some are top of the list and others are somewhere down the list. 

I will re-iterate what everyone has said.  Have your son call him?  If it is really one of his schools, go after it.  I tell my players and sons all the time that recruiting is like dating.  You wouldn't email a girl you liked after you knew she liked you back so why would you email a coach.  Pick up the phone and call.  Email today is snailmail 10 years ago.  Text or call. 

Appreciate your comments....been trying to encourage this with my "know it all" 2018... 17's have the ultimate wisdom....

The fine line of encouraging, supporting, and looking forward to this being over with and he's out of the house.  Can be brutal at times...