Skip to main content

Reply to "College Athlete Behavior - UCLA Basketball Incident"

What the school does aside, I do not cease to be astonished at this father's attitude.  If he were my dad, I would be completely embarrassed every time he speaks.

What I don't think he understands in this case, is that the consequences that China would hand out for this crime is MUCH worse than anything that would have happened in the good old USA.  If not for President Trump just happening to be in China at the time this happened, and going out of his way to ask China's President to do him a favor, these three kids would still be sitting in a jail cell right now, and more than likely for several years to come.  How this father - Lavar Ball - does not appreciate what Trump did for his kid is beyond imagination.  Think about it.  The presidents of two of the world's superpowers agreed to intervene on a shoplifting charge.  I'd call that extraordinary and worthy of some appreciation.

I saw him in an interview the other day and he had the nerve to knock President Trump for not really doing anything.  He also said something along the lines of - Now, if President Trump had invited the kids to fly home with him on his plane, then I would say thank you.  WHAT???  What alternative universe is this guy living in??