Skip to main content

Reply to "College Commits: Where was the Player 1st Seen, and How Often?"

3and2Fastball,

1) Where was the player first seen by the school he committed to? - HeadFirst

2) What time period in his HS career was he first seen?  i.e. freshman year, summer before Junior year etc? - Summer as a rising Senior

3) How many additional times was a player seen by the coaching staff before getting an offer, and where? i.e. Headfirst, WWBA, college camp etc - After HF it was a prospect camp visit on campus where he was offered.  So, the coaching staff had seen him a total of two times.   The whole reason for the camp was for the HC to see him, and my son to see the campus.   It worked out well.

4) How much of a role did the director or coach of his Travel Team have on helping his recruitment? - His travel coach was incredibly important initially with traditional D1 schools that were interested and offered him his junior year.  However, the travel coach was not familiar with high academic recruiting among Ivys, Patriot and D3 schools.   So, my wife, son and I took that on, and learned alot in a short amount of time as his target schools changed, and he committed as a rising high school senior.

I hope that helps.