Skip to main content

Reply to "College Commits: Where was the Player 1st Seen, and How Often?"

Academic son 2015 had to have a change of plans due to first choice coaches leaving. 

1) Where was the player first seen by the school he committed to?  First was travel coach before Jr. Year. He was an assistant at a local academic D3 . Son going to got here if got in. Then HC resigned and all coaches left. School he ultimately committed to first say him at Stanford all Stars for rising Jrs. Not sure if see or known at HF or Stanford before Sr. year.  He reached out to the school as he never dropped contact "Just in case" 

2) What time period in his HS career was he first seen?  i.e. freshman year, summer before Junior year etc? Not seen in high school no one comes to see us. Only time there is a scout is to see another team's player. 

3) How many additional times was a player seen by the coaching staff before getting an offer, and where? i.e. Headfirst, WWBA, college camp etc. Again not sure if he was seen or even if they were looking at him at Stanford, HF or top 96 academic. his Sr. year.  He reached out to them Sept of his Sr. year. Same with other schools he looked at and would have considered  he reached out to them in Sept/Oct Sr. year. 

4) How much of a role did the director or coach of his Travel Team have on helping his recruitment? Travel not much as I said coach left the school. Travel coach before Sr. year wanted him at his local NAIA but it wasn't academic enough for him. HS coach nothing. We went through 3 coaches in 4 years. Son reached out to rival school's  Head coach who helps players from some of the local privates schools too  and he was willing to help him and helped a lot by making phone calls on his behalf, giving him contacts etc and invited him to play fall games with them . Our HS was not fielding a fall team his Sr. year.