Skip to main content

Reply to "College Commits: Where was the Player 1st Seen, and How Often?"

1) Where was the player first seen by the school he committed to?   This is hard to say as during his (14-16 years) he played most of his tournaments on the West Coast and the school he committed to is on the East Coast. During the very few events my son played on the East Coast, it was not apparent to our travel coach that his school was interested or even present at any of those East Coast Tournaments. So I will have to say it was the PG Jr. National Showcase where he was first seen.  I say this with some confidence as he did not hit D1 velocity until the PG Junior National Showcase and is not a 6' 2"+ guy who would have projected D1 velocity in the future.

2) What time period in his HS career was he first seen?  i.e. freshman year, summer before Junior year etc? 

Rising Junior Summer

3) How many additional times was a player seen by the coaching staff before getting an offer, and where? i.e. Headfirst, WWBA, college camp etc  None (Seen at showcase on day 1 of Showcase, offered the next day on campus)

4) How much of a role did the director or coach of his Travel Team have on helping his recruitment?  Travel  Coach facilitated the discussions between son and the RC of the school he committed to.  High School coach spoke to the RC of the school he committed to as well.

We live in Florida by the way....2019 LHP

Last edited by Scott Munroe