Skip to main content

Reply to "College Fall Baseball - 2017"

LHP2017 posted:

my D3 school has 61 guys on the full roster, broke us up into V and JV practice rosters. 35 guys on the V roster (me included ) 16 pitchers and the rest position guys, let me tell you being a PO at most high schools doesn't prepare you for the practices you will have to go through in college, weve been practicing for a week and ive already done more than i did all throughout hs at practices, lots of running and arm care plus bullpens every few days or so. arm is a bit shot after throwing about 80 innings spring and summer combined but still competing to the best of my ability! throwing live for the first time tomorrow to real college hitters, should be fun!

update on this : first outing was a success! threw 2 innings went 6 up 6 down with one backwards K from a fastball on the black. faced two of our top returning hitters and forced them both to ground out, no hard hit balls either so was a solid start to the intrasquad series we are heading into next few weeks! still getting acclimated to the intensity of practices but its getting better everyday!