Skip to main content

Reply to "College Propsect/Instructional Camps?"

dialedin posted:

Update: My 2018 has only recently decided he wants to go to JUCO (better late than never I suppose). So we are getting him into a PG Showcase and also looking at JUCO Camps at the schools he is interested in. Some we've received e-mails (blanket) but the cost is fairly low so we are going to have him attend a couple in the fall. I don't think it can hurt. We don't have much help from our summer coach so we are navigating this on our own. I'll share what our experience is once we get through it all. Any advice anybody would like to throw our way is ALWAYS appreciated!

We are in the same boat. My son went to a local D2's camp 2 times in the last 2 years, had a good rapport with the coach, then the coach was fired. Now he's hoping to get seen by the new coach, but no camps at that school yet. Otherwise, we are trying to find camps that have more than one school represented to get seen by more. Our summer was basically a wash out, no literally. So many rain outs, games shortened or cut out of the schedule altogether, or rescheduled to start at midnight - no scouts at any games at all this summer. My son's team did pretty well, he did amazing, had a great summer personally, but crickets. Our whole entire team, crickets. My son has been emailing coaches, filling out questionnaires - gets all the camp ads sent to him, but who can go to all those camps? Need to find the most beneficial ones.  Where to start?