Skip to main content

Reply to "College Teams - Exclusive Bat deals?"

After 12+ years of baseball for my son from 6 years old thru HS, when he got to college and started getting free stuff (gloves, apparel, shoes, bats...especially bats) I could care less if it's Nike, Rawlings, Wilson or Billy Bob's Bat Co....it's not costing him (OR ME) a dime....he'll learn to live with it    

Seriously though....they are a mid-major and do get a lot of stuff....not as much as his buddy's that are at Power 5's, but he's never complained lol.   They are expected to use that brand.  They are Nike for apparels....everything from uniforms to pullovers to practice gear to shoes.  Gloves and bats are  Rawlings....a kid can't use a different brand bat just because he likes it better.  Could an outfielder get away with using a Wilson glove?  Maybe....I'm fairly certain the "glove police" don't check what you grab out of your bag before you run out on the field....but I'm guessing if he's caught it would be frowned upon

Son used Marucci bats thru HS and had used Akadema mitts since he was 12.  The summer before he headed to college (after HS season was over) he picked up a Rawlings mitt and bat to use that summer to kind of get used to their stuff.  He was a PO the first 2 years (he was a SS/P in high school) so getting used to the change in gloves wasn't a big deal. 

Last edited by Buckeye 2015