Skip to main content

Reply to "Contact after Headfirst?"

SanDiegoRealist posted:

Just a "real time update" at the end of day 1 of Session 4 in Long Island - Headfirst is the real deal. Honestly, I am glad we did this camp/showcase last because I would have been really disappointed in Stanford and Showball had I done this first. As it worked out we did Stanford first (not worth the investment), Showball second (good showcase) and now Headfirst, the gold standard. I will go into more detail tomorrow on our HF experience. 

Regarding reaching out to schools ahead of time, you are only wasting an opportunity if nothing comes of it. We contacted my son's #1 D1 program who is here, gave him jersey # and schedule, and he came to see both of his games and initiated contact with us between games. We are on the board and the email contact (always with video links) is all part of OUR process. Has paid dividends so far. 

More tomorrow, but Headfirst is head and shoulders ahead of Showball and a very distant Stanford Camp in my opinion.

SanDiegoRealist:

My son (2019, obviously) and I are here on Long Island from LA for session 4. Same boat. Shy but has come out of his shell here. Had a great day yesterday and amazing response from coaches. This showcase was built for a player like my son. He is good player but on a loaded travel/club team who has never been able to get the looks at PG or other tourney events and not interested in PG style showcases. He decided to focus on strength and conditioning all summer prior to making this his only event and it has paid off. BTW...I highly recommend every player consider this if they are light on the strength side after freshman or sophomore year.

I cannot tell you how great the RC's, head coaches and assistants are with the young men. The staff at Headfirst are top notch and everything is positive and run on schedule and efficient. Heck, the founder's brother created GameChanger and just sold it for millions! This by far is the best baseball investment my wife and and I have ever made for my son regardless of future outcome. Watching my son interact with coaches/adults on his own (without my encouragement) throughout the day was enough for me to call it a success.  

That being said, its the real deal. For my son, it took getting out of the LA bubble for him to find his voice.  Sometimes you just need a change of scenery, I guess.