Skip to main content

Reply to "D1 Roster Sizes"

Let's be honest here, no player is safe from cuts. Coaches have to win and only keep those that THEY think will help them, period. It's a highly competitive sport and only the best survive. I'm not aware of no cut programs and more importantly, who would want to play on a team that makes no cuts.

I agree with cabbage, this is the toughest time of year. It's heartbreaking to see players that have worked their whole lives be told that they didn't make the cut. I've seen it first hand and it stinks.

I've also seen kids that where cut, transfer, than excel and get drafted. There's a reason so few get to the top of this game. 

I wouldn't  waste any time worrying about cuts. I would suggest that that time be better spent working on getting better.

Let's remember that very few get to play ball at any collegiate level and higher.  The real goal/conversation should be getting a quality education that helps to set you up for a meaningful career moving forward. 

The stories I love on this site are the ones we hear about what the former student athlete is doing once his playing career is over.