Skip to main content

Reply to "D3 vs JC baseball"

Welcome to the site.  Lots of good feedback here so far but you can also search past threads by topic and there are volumes on similar topics.  On the reverse side of that, you can get very specific.  I see you are on the west coast.  There are many posters here from the west coast that are likely quite familiar with the school options your son is considering.  We may be able to provide specific feedback in that regard.  You can PM and individual poster or ask the group to PM you if you don't want to mention the schools on the public forum.  

There are so many things to consider that are unique to each player, each family and on the other side, each school.  You can learn how to really drill down on those things here.  A general question will only get you so far.

But here is a general answer... pay attention to the 40 year plan when you are making the  4 year plan.  

A question...  you say "the decision is his.." and then later, you say "some days he is a knucklehead teenager".  To what extent do you think a knucklehead teenager should have liberty to be making a decision that will likely have such a huge impact on the rest of his life?  I don't say that to criticize.  I think we all have to figure out where the line is drawn and you have expressed that you want to help guide him and consider all pros and cons.  I ask more as food for thought... at what point are we satisfied that our knuckleheads have made an intelligent enough decision?