Skip to main content

Reply to "Dealing w/son's disappointment"

Dont take this the wrong way, but u seem a bit involved in HIS baseball experiences. Fall is a time to see where you're at and work on things. Hopefully he'll see how to handle things by watching how the upperclassmen do it. They'll be the ones who need to give him advice and help him. As parents we need to be there to show support, but they aren't 12 anymore. 

Sounds like in the past your family dissected his performances and would offer advice on what he was struggling with(Maybe he welcomed the help)

Time to let his teammate/coaches take over that role from here. It's going to be a long season otherwise. As parents it's difficult to watch your kid struggle but they need to learn to work through it in order to mature.

It's a whole new world in college. Doesn't matter how well they played in HS, or at what position. It's competitive and challenging. Not all make it. If I were coach I would have all my players read a bk about the mental side of baseball. By the nature of the game it's a roller  coaster of a ride, and you must be mentally prepared to succeed. 

Im watching the World Series now and wondering how these professionals do it, esp the P. What goes through their mind when they walk someone, or give up HR.?

Harvey is on a roll!