Skip to main content

Reply to "DFW 16U Summer tryouts Message Boards"

Thought I would chim in here,

First off, welcome to the community, you will find this site to be informative, amusing and sometimes even a bit unsettling, but all and all it is a site that you take what you need, pass on what you have and enjoy the ride.

Regarding 16U tryouts here are a few of the resources I would use in locating times/dates/info. on tryouts:

1. This site and the members (which include parents, players, coaches and just baseball crazy people).

2. The Dallas Morning News: in the sports section under personnel.

3. BBI's website under teams looking for players (http://www.bbidallas.org).

4. Message boards on Dbat's, Homerunalley, and other's sites.

5. Individual team website's.

6. Ask around your HS baseball community.

Once you have this info. then the best piece of advice I can give you is:

It is "your" decision. Use all the feedback, insights, team records ect. to give you a foundation but in the end it has to be a decision based on "what is right for you and your son".

Team personnel/dynamics change season from season so what was typical for a team this year might not be what is in the future for them this year. What was right for your son's best friends friend last year might not be what is right for your son this year.

Look at what you bring to the team and what the team will add to your son's ability and character.

Enter a tryout as an interview, after all they are interviewing your son and you need to do the same since we are talking a financial committment and usually a large committment of time.

And lastly, remember that most of us that post are either in your same shoes, walked in those shoes recently or are hoping to someday own some shoes like yours so reach out and you will get lots and lots of good information.

And like you, just recently my son tried out for a select team for this upcoming summer season and we have been out of the loop so I contacted several members on this board regarding the team(s) we were considering and because of the information I received, prior to and after the tryout, we are totally excited about the team my son selected and in turn the team that selected my son...................Baseballmom was one of the leading reasons for the selection and I value all the information she passed on to me..............

And again, Welcome!
Last edited by oldbat-never