Skip to main content

Reply to "Disrespect the coach, then get him suspended"

THE DECISION

This is a coach who has coached multiple teams per academic year for thirty years without an issue. He pulled a kid off the court. The kid refused. After the game the coach chews out the kid and takes away his captaincy.

The kid and his family filed a complaint. He’s still playing. The following is what the coach is required to do. And posters complain there aren't any good coaches. The reason is the bullsheep coaches go though now due to snot nosed, entitled, privileged kids and their parents who know they can work the system. The family played the race card. True or not school districts fear the race card.  

If i were the coach i would tell the district to take their coaching jobs and shove it. I would publicly blame my decision on the kid and the family. This coach is a legend. He would have new coaching interview offers within days.

As part of his reinstatement, Perry was required to apologize to the team for the use of profanity, insensitive language, and other commments that have created an atmosphere of fear around the team.

He must also engage in anger management, complete an online training course on racial insensitivity, and meet with athletic director Bill Martin to develop coaching strategies that focus on positive reinforcement.

Don’t ever tell a player again he’s not as good as he thinks he is. Don't ever again bench a player. Don't ever again discipline a player. Never forget the players and parents run the team. They pay taxes. You work for them. 

The terms of reinstatement is supposed to be private and sealed information based on the terms and conditions of the state teachers union contract. It somehow leaked to the press. Does anyone wonder if the new AD has an agenda? He pulled the same crap on the hockey coach this winter. In neither case was there clear evidence any of the accusations were true. It was the word of a handful  disgruntled players and parents versus the coach. 

Last edited by RJM