Skip to main content

Reply to "Distance Between Home and College"

SanDiegoRealist posted:
JCG posted:
BOF posted:

Cabbage has a great point, and what would likely reinforce his position even further would be to take out the California and Florida players data, who probably skew the results  as those players are all over the country. Great add to the HSSBW recruiting theorem(s): "Look hard in your backyard first."   

True, but CA reinforces the position too.  I just looked at the rosters of UCLA and CAL - 4 out-of-state and 1 Canadian kid total between two.  The rest are home grown.

Strong programs in a large metropolitan area like Southern California (also a baseball hotbed) makes it easy on the recruiting budget for a team like UCLA. As I stated in another thread, I am currently at Headfirst in Long Island with my son. Vandy is here and so is Texas. Vandy I get, they recruit nationally. But Texas is a different story, they only have like 4-5 guys from outside Texas on the roster (California, Nevada, Florida, Louisiana and even one Mexico player). We scratched our head seeing Texas here. 

One of our local CA players made a big splash playing for Houston this year.  Talent is talent.