Skip to main content

Reply to "Do Aluminum bats lose there "POP"?"

quote:
the bat was recommended for individual players only and should not be used as a team bat

A marketing ploy, why sell one or two bats to a team when you can sell 8 or 9 to individuals on that same team?

It's simple, bat companies and glove companies often use inferior materials so that the customer would come back after a season and have an excuse to buy a new bat or glove. Some of the older posters here will tell you that their baseball glove lasted them from the time they were 10 to past high school. Now a days, a so called "top of the line" glove will only last a season or two before litterally falling apart.

500 hits huh, if a kid playes 100 games a year for two years it means he'd have an average of 2.5 hits per game. How many kids do you know that average 2.5 solid hits per game? That's a .625 clip if he had 400 AB's in each of those years. This is not on you DG but on the companies estimate. By that rational a bat would realistically last 2 or even 3 years...... is that really the case? I do not think so.

And, while we're at it "Kip" leather is supposed to be the "best" leather, right? Well as it turns out "kip" leather is taken from young cattle when it's between a calf and a steer. Meaning it's not a strong and durable as Steeerhide, which is in all pro line traditional leather (Rawlings HOH, Wilson A2000, Kelley, and Akadema). Also, this leather is less expensive for the manufacturer to use. Given the fact that these gloves are some of the most expensive on the market and it cost them less, than other products, to make, I'd say they have a pretty heafty profit margin.

Think about that when you have to drop another $250 buy a new one after one year. biglaugh

CoachW, Wes, I got your message, I'll try to call you this week, I've been super busy.
Last edited by Glove Man