Skip to main content

Reply to "Do Aluminum bats lose there "POP"?"

Glove man:

Considering that we have our own batting cage and JUGS machine in our yard, my son can hit 500 balls solidly in a week. So I appreciate the manufacture telling me not to wear it out needlessly. Yes, I took the manufactures recommendation and didn't let the whole team use it because I did't want the team to wear it out and only get half a season out of the bat.

Do you really think bat manufactures intentionally use inferior metals so that we consumers "have an excuse to by another bat" in a year. I knew the bat was dead after two years because it sounded diferent, had stress fatigue cracks, small dents and the ball simply didnt come off the bat as fast. We bought another bat from the same company, not because I fell for a marketing ploy, but because the first bat had better pop than any other bat we had ever tried. Got two seasons out of the first one because my son used a practice bat when not in games or important try outs. I think the manufactures have figured out that baseball parents are willing to spend $150-300 for a performance advantage and that durability is an important but secondary concern. Not much different than a race car engine builder wanting only the fastest parts money can buy, that only need to get him through one race.

(I have no experience with High school/College bats that have BESR limitations on them, so my comments pertain only to youth bats)

Glove man, I have a bat from my youth days thats over twenty-five years old. I still use it in practice from time to time for sentimental reasons. Maybe you think the bats were made of better materials back then, because it doesn't have any dents or cracks. But I can tell you without a doubt, its got far less pop than a modern high dollar bat.

Don't bother replying to this message cause I am done with the subject.
Last edited by DG