Skip to main content

Reply to "Does the quality of the travel team matter in recruiting?"

Yes, it matters . My son made that step early his sophomore year. Leaving the comfortable surroundings of his mid-level travel team to a program that PG ranked 3rd in the US.

More exposure ? Hell yes. When THEY played a major event , it was stacked . A sea of Radar guns behind home plate. Not just RC's but Pro ball scouts. This team had RC's coming to program workouts / practice.

Less playing time ? Yes, but it made my son Better....Way better. He was playing alongside not just powerhouse D1 commits but 2016 draft picks. It completely changed the way he approached the game. Also, off the field. Strength and conditioning .Etc. But yes playing time was different. At HS a starting pitcher. On this team outta the pen. I remember doing a 5 day  event where he only made 2 appearances. But i also remember all the RC's that came and posted up when he came outta the pen.....and I still have the business card the MLB regional scout handed me after his second outing

I tell parents that if your kid is one of the best kids on his travel team......he's on the wrong team.

Last edited by StrainedOblique