Skip to main content

Reply to "football and baseball senior year?"

It is nerve-racking to be the parent of a baseball player who wants to play baseball in college, but continues to play football in high school.  My 2019 is a linebacker and plays special teams.  He is trying to get in some baseball workouts, while also playing football and keeping up with school (GPA is 3.95 and he takes AP classes).  He played baseball all summer, and, in fact, missed a lot of summer football practices because he was out of town for baseball.  But now that football is in season, that is the priority.  Yet, this "fall of junior year" is supposed to be important for baseball recruiting.  

He is doing a PG showcase this month that will be on Saturday and Sunday.  We will pick him up after Friday's football game, and drive most of the night to get to the showcase.  It is possible to do this, and I expect he'll do okay, but worried he won't be at his best.  I'm hoping one of these coaches that "love" multi-sport players will notice him there!  LOL!  

While there are a few college camps he'd like to go to this fall, we are leaning toward hanging up baseball after this showcase until football is over.  Only so much one kid can do.