Skip to main content

Reply to "football and baseball senior year?"

I appreciate your responses and don't think you are being skeptical at all. You are asking the tough questions that most don't ask. I agree with much of what you have said and there are most definitely questions we are going to sit down and discuss in the near future.

I will spare you the long story about his history as a pitcher but suffice to say it has been filled with far more low's then high's from a very young age.  I was not really sure it would ever click for him until we were introduced to his pitching coach. Amazing man who has also done incredible things for my son in regards to the mental side of the game along with a few minor tweaks in his mechanics that have improved his velo and command (significantly.  For the first time in his baseball playing days, he is extremely confident on the mound. If I had not seen him throw against a handful of 2018 Power 5 recruits at a recent prospect camp and competed (even though he is not a full-time baseball player yet) then my son and I would be discussing many of the questions you noted. However, I am making a judgement call and not talking about anything related to his ability to compete at the highest level. I am doing just the opposite. I am reminding him that he is good enough. He has a couple of big opportunities coming up to pitch against some talented baseball players. As I am sure you can understand, the last thing I want to do right now is talk about whether he good enough to to play high level baseball. If things don't work out, then we will most certainly sit down and ask those tough questions.

Thanks again and appreciate your support!!