Skip to main content

Reply to "football and baseball senior year?"

RJM posted:

I'm all for kids having the full high school experience. Being a senior is a big deal. But a kid can not go out on the football field thinking about how not to get injured. It's either all in or get off the field.

Stuff happens. Live your life. The only time my son missed from sports was due to a baseball injury and the following rehab. Baseball isn't where you would have expected him to get injured.

Could not agree more with this.....my son was a left handed pitcher and played first and could hit...had the opportunity to start as QB as a sophomore. Many of my baseball friends thought I was nuts to let him play football because they would tell me he had a chance to play D1 baseball. Why risk let him getting hurt playing football.

I really could not see myself not letting him enjoy the experience of playing under the Friday night lights. Plus it was not my decision. Guess what broke collar bone ( left shoulder) after 5th game his sophomore year Guess what he healed. Went on to start as QB his junior year and senior year.  Guess what he received  scholarship to play D1 baseball.

I agree play as many sports as you can.....you can get injured in many ways.