Skip to main content

Reply to "Great Camp...Now what?"

old_school posted:
StrainedOblique posted:

If your son is hitting the ball hard, breaking a 7.0 and is an A student. You really have nothing to worry or fret over. He'll be fine. The right school will take notice. And when they do they'll make their intentions clear.

I understand your frustrations . Try to remember that more times than not these RC's don't do anything until someone moves first. In other words you need an offer to really kick off your sons recruiting .

Once you receive an offer and notify the other schools on your list that you've received that offer and are seriously considering accepting it, your email is gonna light up like a christmas tree.

My son ( 2016) received his first offer in 2014. Prior to that he had emailed UCLA 5-6 times. Nothing. Not a peep. He sent them an email that he'd been offered and was considering accepting....... UCLA responded in less than 10 min. And had him throwing for Savage within 72 hours .

But once again, your son sounds like a solid ballplayer. It's all gonna work out

I have no doubt that what you are saying here is true...I just find it beyond stupid. Who runs a business or a program this way? Why would you as a consumer want to be a part of this type program? What reasonable expectation would you have that daily operations, after you have signed and are tied to the program would be satisfactory?

I mean honestly when you are dating (rough equivalent of recruiting) you try to but your best foot forward as to who you are...it takes some time to find the bad parts of your partner. This seems like a girl who makes no pretense about being a high maintenance, selfish you know what...but she is hot so I will over look it.  

Maybe I am excepting to much but I would have been hard pressed to want to be a part of a program that operates in that fashion. Maybe that is why my son likes smaller campuses...I don't know all the answers but UCLA would have kicked to the curb in my opinion.

The fact is there are well over 1000 players every year that try to get UCLA's attention, they get to be choosy, and they get to be the high maintenance chick in this scenario.

Over the years I have met plenty of "ladies" that give off an ice cold vibe of NEVER being happy and I've seen plenty of "men" eat that crap up and trip over themselves to make her happy. Some guys like that dynamic, to each their own.