Skip to main content

Reply to "Great Camp...Now what?"

2020CubDad......I am in NW Ohio....so I'm guessing that I'm close to the same temp as Lafayette and Bucknell.......AND IT'S 21 DEGREES....heading for a balmy high of 31 today.   My son grew up here.  I tried and tried to convince him to "go South" to play....heck, even 3-4 hours South of here is close to 40 right now lol.   Make sure your son understands that he may not see an outdoor practice in the Spring before the first game due to cold/snow/etc.  If you plan on visiting during the first month of the season, stop by somewhere and pick up a nice snowmobile suit as based on your "warm climate people" comments, you're not going to be real comfortable watching baseball while cleaning an occasional snowflake from your glasses (I am not joking lol) .   My son's team just picked up a kid from Santa Barbara who has never experienced winter.  Got to meet him a couple weeks ago and he looked at me like I was crazy when I tried to explain that the leaves fall off the trees here every Fall.  I can't imagine what he's going to think when he has to walk thru a foot of snow to get to class.   I would seriously consider making your visits to the 3 schools in January so you can get a true feel of what 3-4 months of your sons year will be like and see if it's really something he thinks he'll enjoy. 

Last edited by Buckeye 2015