Skip to main content

Reply to "Hampden-Sydney"

Hampden-Sydney has a good baseball tradition, but had been through a down period through the late 90's and early 2000's. Coach Kinne came on board, and since then they have been a very solid program with at least one great year thrown in where they went to the DIII World Series a few years ago (2006 or 2007 I think). The school has really improved the facilities including a nice large field house, and a completely remodeled "old" gym where most of their athletics are now based.

The school has a very southern feel (IMO) and campus is very nice. I grew up very close to HSC and it's a place where I attended many sporting events over the years. The students are intense in their support of the teams. Academically, it's a good school, but not great like some alums and current students would want you to believe. However, there is quite a strong alumni base when you graduate that can help with jobs, internships, etc. It is expensive ($40,000 plus I believe) and it's quickly obvious from the rides on campus and the look of the guys that many of them come from upper class backgrounds. That's not necessarily a good or bad thing, but just more for your info. Any specific questions- just ask and I'll do the best I can to answer.