Skip to main content

Reply to "Hard or Easy schedule"

We are in a 4 team district with all 4 teams being very competitive each year and 3 of the 4 going to the playoffs.  Those games will take up 9 of 28 total games.  I'm looking to schedule some teams that in the past should be below us as far as talent goes because I only have 1 real starter coming back this year and also losing about 80% of my innings on the mound.  The other part for me at least is I want as many home games as possible as we usually draw good crowds and we need the gate money.  The other part is we have several teams within an hour of our school that have been ranked high nationally so traveling isn't really an issue because I can play good teams close.  The next part is getting my kids looked at by colleges.  Right now we are not at a level where people are going to come just to see our guys. (We have some young guys that are ranked high for their class by PG so hopefully that will come) I'm thinking that if I schedule the upper level teams then my kids get seen because they are their and a college coach is there to see whoever.  An example would be Blaze Jordan we play his high school every year so my hope would be that my kids will get recognized by performing at a high level against them.