Skip to main content

Reply to "Hip Flexor Injury"

#1bballmomfan posted:

Well still perplexed slightly.  He and his dad just left the doctors office.   Took several xrays in many angles and  position and said based on those and the exam they think it is just a really bad strain.  Said if in 2 more weeks it is not still improving they will order an MRI, but that he needs to continue the therapy he's been doing.  The one thing the doc said that boggles my mind is the doc said if he really wanted to he could continue activity as tolerated pushing himself even when it hurts slightly because he wasn't going to hurt it more..........but then said if not better in 2 weeks come back for the MRI.  Does that sound right?  I'm getting this second hand from the hubs so I can't elaborate more then what was told to me.  Guess we have another 2 weeks to wait it out.   I would just think you could cause more problems if you attempt to do more things with it already being hurt. I sent questions to his dad to ask about the Pelvic Avulsion Fracture and  Gilmore Groin.  Doctor said he wasn't concerned about any type of fractures based on his evaluation and xrays.  Would love feedback from anyone having dealt with this before if this sounds normal.  Thanks for all your information so far.

If he felt a pop, it may be a soft tissue injury which wouldn't show up on the x-ray, right? Why wouldn't he just order the MRI now?

Last edited by hshuler