Skip to main content

Reply to "Hip Flexor Injury"

Thankfully at this point school is footing the bill and we were told they would continue to for the course of the treatment.  We anticipate a MRI in the coming weeks based on how he's progressed over the past 3 weeks.  I really appreciate all the information and recommendations from everyone.  We will definitely make sure to get MRI with contrast if we end up having to do that route.  I did clarify that what the doc meant by activity as tolerated was during therapy and all and that he wasn't released to get on the field and play.  Coach was very compassionate and he, son and trainer agreed if he wasn't 100% he wouldn't return and would save his eligibility.  I have heard so many horror stories of uncaring selfish coaches, but I have to say we have been blessed with an incredible coach who really does care about his boys and does try and do the right thing by them.  We are very thankful for this.  He has no applied any pressure to son what so ever and has encouraged the resting and rehabing.