Skip to main content

Reply to "Hot Stove League Thread"

TPM posted:
BOF posted:

TPM, to be realistic...

Jeter buys the Marlins, at an inflated price, mostly with someone else's money and heavy debt, guts the front office of long time employees in what would be considered unprofessional manner, gets rid of a generational player in a disjointed poorly managed process (purely for cash reasons) and for lower level prospects who have little chance to contribute in the near term, and is running a team that has had lackluster fan support over the years. The best run teams now bring in smart people to manage them, which the Marlins don't seem to be doing. In addition, former baseball players are not known to be mental giants and have traditionally failed miserably running a complex baseball franchise and your excited? 

I think Jeter was a great player and classy representative of a storied franchise, but his start at running a team is not going so well right now. On the positive side it can't get any worse....

Just say'in.

PS: Oh and the Gordon trade for mostly cash reason, so they have saved $300M, I might be wrong, maybe it can get worse....

The trade isnt on Jeter, it was put together by Michael Hill. If this doesn't work out, he is gone. 

Glad that they are getting rid of everyone who was involved with the organization in front office. Paying Stanton what they did was insane. The owner wanted everyone to talk about how he had the best player in baseball.  Stanton doesn't  seem to be popular here, very seldom does anyone talk about him. But I am not in Dade county. Heard they aren't happy.

People don't go to games because it's very difficult to get to the stadium from further north and its on TV for every game.  Loria got the city of Miami to build the stadium, no one else from the other 2 counties would, there just wasn't enough land in broward or palm beach counties and the working people in dade are paying for the stadium and PO'd.

Another story of a millionaire getting the little guy to pay for his castle.

I'm pretty sure hill is not running this anymore. Atm jeter and Sherman are probably running the show.