Skip to main content

Reply to "How to work with a high school baseball coach to protect your son's arm."

old_school posted:

I have watched our HS varsity coach abuse his starting pitchers...if I had a son who pitched we would absolutely be having a conversation.

I watched our top kid throw 3 innings of scrimmage and the next week take the mound in the opening league game and throw 115...Granted this was 2016, the year before pitch counts but they only help a little. Just the way the ramp up in the MLB right??

I saw this year a kid throw 60 on a Tuesday, take his 2 days off and throw 100 on Friday...in the first week of April. Most HS coaches are there to win...end of story.

There is a kid who is going to a local D1 who lost 7 MPH over the course of the school season, he threw a max load every single time he took the ball. By the time the playoffs rolled around he was a shadow of his April self.

it happens every spring.

Amateur career Edit

Kluber attended Coppell High School in Coppell, Texas. While pitching for the school's baseball team and amid overuse by his high school coach, Don English, Kluber developed a stress fracture in his elbow, requiring surgery and the insertion of two screws. He went unselected in the 2004 Major League Baseball (MLB) Draft.[1]

That is a quote from Corey Klubers Wiki page. LOL. Just bring that to the coach and ask him if wants to infamous for eternity.