Skip to main content

Reply to "HS Baseball Looking for JUCO Route"

Welcome to the site.  I'm not quite sure if you are dad or player - your post says "my son" but then says "my HS stats.."  Doesn't matter, your questions and contributions are welcome either way.

That said, I'm also not exactly sure what your question is.  If you are asking if it is feasible to play JC ball in Florida, all we have to go by is your numbers.  Video would help.  Based purely on the numbers, your speed, power and arm strength do not appear to stand out among college players, in fact are on the low side.  Florida is a hotbed of good players and there is a significant influx of players motivated to play JC ball there for a variety of reasons.  So, you will be up against a large pool of good players, most of whom will have better measurables than yours.  We also don't know what the level of competition is in your HS league.  Without some reference, your HS stats don't mean much.  Same applies to your Legion ball.  

There are other ways to stand out in this game.  You could barrel the ball consistently against good pitching, have a natural instinct for the game, etc.  Just keep in mind that you would have to excel in these areas more than the next serious ball player.  

Another challenge for you is how to get in front of the coaches.  Have you had any contact?  Shared any videos?  Played any travel ball down that way?  

If you are posting here thinking a college coach will see your inquiry and reach out to you, that's not likely going to happen.  This site is a great resource for information and can steer you to best recruiting plan steps but generally isn't a conduit directly to recruiting coaches.

Last edited by cabbagedad