Skip to main content

Reply to "Hurricane Irma"

I'm in Titusville, FL and still without power...  Borrowing an almost new 7500 generator from an extremely generous friend on Wednesday whose power came back on... Very fortunate, now have fridge, freezer, some desk fans, toaster oven, TV and Internet. The heat at night, even with a good size oscillating table fan blowing 3-feet from my head is pretty bad... It was 88º last night and I was just sweating laying in bed... Got up to rinse off twice in the cold shower... Got a good solid 4.5 hours of sleep, which was better than the 2-3 hours the last 3 days... The temperature got to 76º at like 4:00 am, so I took a couple advil and was able to fall asleep before my 6 am work wake-up alarm... The cold shower was actually VERY refreshing... Feel horrible for my wife who's back at home... Driving the hour into work in AC and sitting at my desk here is like a damn vacation... FPL says we might have power by the 17th... No damage to the house, just the front fence gate fell down, so we're very fortunate... People here are in MUCH, MUCH more dire straights... If I-75 floods, things might get really worse for the west-coast... People living blocks and blocks away from rivers are being slowly flooded out of their homes... It's freakin' horrible to watch! Personally, we got very lucky, because Irma was the absolute worst storm I've ever been through in my 30 years of living in FL... I feel if you took all the storms I've been through and put them together they still wouldn't be as powerful as Irma... 

Last edited by Bolts-Coach-PR