Skip to main content

Reply to "Icing in PRE-High School...Really????"

Originally Posted by TPM:

There is controversy as to whether it really does do what they claim it does. How do you know what I have read and what I havent? Will this machine make your player better or will he do better than the player that uses ice?  Are we to be impressed because you bought a 600 machine. Lets see what the future holds, will he stay healthy using this product?  

How successful do you suppose son was, maybe if the Tigers thought this really would help their pitchers they would have used it down the farm? or other teams?  I mean its only 600 dollars, these guys can afford dozens of them for every team they have, and would not pay as much as you did, right?  Do you know if these machines are in every locker room?  Please let us know.

You spoke to cyclists?  How many pitchers did you speak with?

Because you have shown a total ignorance of the subject. Driveline, for example uses it for their pitchers and have been impressed with the results and they are just one of many organizations over a range of sports. Where is the controversy? When researching it, I couldn't find a single negative or ambiguous comment from those who have used it. Are you impressed that I spent $600? No. Am I supposed to be impressed that your son has pro experience? You lord it over us mere mortals often enough. Does it work better than ice - definitely. Actually, the Houston Astros use it between innings for their pitchers. The Toronto Blue Jays use it for all of their pitchers. As do nine NBA teams and a dozen NFL teams. Additionally, I very much trust the advise and experience of Kyle Boddy.

Really, your entire argument seems to be that your son (again we get to hear of your wisdom imputed through your son) doesn't use it, so it's useless.

My question is, knowing nothing about it, why did you feel the need to immediately throw out a snarky remark?