Skip to main content

Reply to "Icing in PRE-High School...Really????"

I didn't recommend the Marc Pro, though I might after I've given my son and my students a chance to use it for awhile. I simply mentioned that it is an alternative many in the profession, including myself, are using. That was met with the following snarky comment:

"Do people really think that things like this make better athletes?"

I didn't "bring Kyle into it." I simply pointed out, as a reference, that I wasn't out in the dark here. If TPM wants to ask the above question, she's going to get an answer. That answer is yes and comes from Kyle and Driveline, Steve Ellis, Dick Mills, Kevin Rand (head trainer for the Detroit Tigers), Kenny Leverich of Crossfit, Gary Vitti (head athletic trainer for the Los Angeles Lakers), Dwight Stansbury (Head ahletic trainer for Temple baseball), and on and on. Kyle runs a business. I don't use Kyle as a reference point because he's a poster on here. I use him as a reference point because he's a qualified professional most on this board would be familiar with. You asked a rhetorical question with the purpose of diminishing another's opinion (not a new move for you, by the way). I answered your question. Yes. All of the above as well as 26 mlb teams, 9 NBA teams and several NFL teams think this is a far better alternative than icing for helping an athlete. You, however, having very little knowledge on the subject decided to demean my opinion. You might have questioned its price. You might have questioned its effectiveness. There are many things you might have intelligently and rightly questioned. Then we could have had a real conversation on them pros and cons of this alternative to icing. However, you chose a different path. Typical. If you would ever like to have that discussion, please do so. Bring some research, bring some references and opinions for backup that differ from what I've given you. No problem. There are, in fact, others here who would also gladly give you their own experiences and knowledge of the subject. I welcome such a discussion.